Pages

Thursday, October 10, 2013

Honey-Ginger Boneless Chicken Thighs


So the other night I decided to try something different with my chicken thighs. Boneless thighs are a staple in my weekly market list. They're more affordable then chicken breast and their just as yummy. I wanted to jazz them up this week and I did just that and boy were they good. Sorry my plate looks a little messy from the sauce but,  real food doesn't always look picture perfect. Check out how I made this simple yummy dish. 
Okay so bare with me on the recipe. I didn't measure anything and i'll explain why. As I approach my late twenties I have realized that I measure everything when it comes to cooking. I'm the measuring queen. It's so funny when my boyfriend cooks it's the complete opposite. He just flows with it and the food is always amazing. He always tells me back home people in the West Indies don't measure anything they just cook. Now here my American ass lol or better term Yankee ass lol can't put the measuring cup or spoon down. So my goal from now on is to try to just flow with it when I cook. I think that's how cooking should be. Now if it's a recipe I find or a baking recipe then I will use the measurements. If it's one of my projects or creations then i'm not. With all that being said here's how I made this. Very simple dish.

Things I used: Note not everything is included in this picture 
-Honey
-Sesame Seed oil
-Lite soy sauce
-Green onion
-Fresh ginger
-Fresh lemon juice
- Simply Asia seasoninng
-Trader Joes olive oil cooking spray (optional)
-pack of organic skinless boneless chicken thighs

First I combined the honey, fresh ginger, soy sauce, sesame seed oil, lemon juice and, Simply Asia  seasoning together in the blender (use amounts you feel comfortable with ).Then I blended everything together until the ginger was dissolved (set aside some of the sauce for the next day) Then I took my pack of boneless thighs and  rinsed them off and put them in a bowl. Once I did that I poked holes in the chicken with a fork and poured the mixture over the chicken and let it marinate overnight. Next evening I took the chicken out and heated my skillet on high and sprayed it with the olive oil cooking spray.


I then grilled my chicken for about four minutes on each side until fully cooked. Afterwards I drizzled some of the reserved sauce from the night before on the chicken and added some chopped green onions.


All done :) 
xo,
Barbara